Honest Answers - Honest?

 Honest Answers - Honest?

I am happy to report that, so far, my conversation with Michael has not concluded. Micheal began his conversation by questioning the honesty of my honest answers.

 

Michael

Honest? Clicked the link and saw “Baptist”... I doubt there is any honesty there.. and even less science...

 

 

Marvin McKenzie

 Did you happen to read the pages Michael?

 

Michael

Marvin McKenzie yes... and there is very little science in them.

 

Marvin McKenzie

Ok. Thank you for reading. Would you tell me which pages you read? Would you like to give a specific objection we could consider?

 

Michael 

there is a lot that is just plain wrong. For example:

———

1. This arrangement in nature tells us that nature’s cause must have enough intelligence to design the arrangement.

A big bang could not have done that. Sure, an explosion is a cause

—-

Must have an intelligence? You provide nothing to support this.

The big bang was not an explosion.

And the bias towards god being the intelligence is all over the place...

Where did god come from? Please don’t invoked special pleading.

But overall, this rabbit hole of false analysis just muddies everything. To the point that you don’t even know what you are trying to prove..

If devolves into a how we know what we know and never addresses what we know.

Just show be evidence for god... simple enough request.... then show us this god created anything..

Stop with the mental masterbation....

In the end, the dishonest is this. You don’t have faith in god because if how the universe was created. And when pushed into a corner because your evidence is bad.... you just say... we just take it on faith.... what is the point of even addressing science if you won’t follow the evidence... and believe something with no evidence....

To put it simply:

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

 

Marvin McKenzie

So, you are saying first of all that you read the page on Why we know God exists? Thank you for reading it. Did you read either of the other two pages?

Michael, obviously there is a bias toward God on the page. The whole premise of the page is that God is. I begin where the Bible begins, Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Must have intelligence.

Can you demonstrate anything anywhere with intelligence or design that has been observed to come from a non-intelligence source?

God is the intelligence.

Provide a plausible alternative intelligence

Big Bang

I have done enough research on the subject to know that, even among the most respected evolutionary scientists, there is no agreement what the “big bang” was.

Where did God come from?

He is God Michael, we came from Him.

Men have known God exists the entire existence of mankind. My article provides ample and reasonable evidence for a man to seek to know the God that all men everywhere have known, talked of, written about, worshiped, and found guidance from.

So now it falls to you.

Provide observable, reproducible, repeatable evidence of another intelligence besides God.

Provide observable, reproducible, repeatable evidence of an intelligent design that has been manufactured from a non-intelligent cause.

Provide for me your understanding of what the big bang was

Thank again for reading and for the conversation.

 

Michael

We need to establish a god exists before continuing.... I doubt that will happen.

But you also have a problem. I think you would agree that your God has intelligence. What intelligent source did God come from?

It is not up to me to demonstrate, you are making the claim.

You say that God is that intelligence... without supporting the claim. The bible is not evidence. I can easily say universe pooping pixies created the universe. And you would have to accept it if I went by your logic.

Are you serious? I ask the question, where did God come from... and you answer a different question.

No, it does not fall to me. You make claims, support nothing and then think I have the burden of proof...

Do you have anything beyond the debunked claims you present?

 

Marvin McKenzie

The difference between you and me is not the existence of God, but the basis of our belief. You seem to deny the existence of God, but you have no proof. I do believe in the existence of God. I have a reasoned, rational, l and time tested argument for my faith. I would love for you to provide the same for your faith that God does not exist. As to the Bible, it is the authority supporting my faith that God exists. You must have some authority to support your faith that God does not exist. What would that authority be?

Burden of proof… The reason it falls to you is that I have presented my case. You have challenged my presentation, and I am happy you have done so. But since you are the challenger, I simply ask you to give some worked-out presentation of that challenge.

 

Marvin McKenzie

In the Fields

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...