I Thought About Quitting

I saw a meme[1]with the words, “I thought about quitting but then I saw who was watching.” The picture was a lion looking back at a cub. The verse they had attached was, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”[2]

The meme looked good but it is an error. 

First, this places all responsibility for not quitting on ourselves - He strengthens me to choose to not quit. 
This won’t work. The passage quoted never promises this. 

Second, knowing one’s children, wife, friends, church, are watching can’t keep one from quitting. 
Can anyone of those keep you from dying? No. They may want to. You may wish to live on for their sake, but life is not in our hands. 

The only way to keep from quitting is to trust the One who is watching us. 
The Lord, the same one who holds our life in His hands, is the one who sustains us in the storms of life. 

Keep anchored to him and you will find He is the strength to keep going.

Marvin McKenzie
In the fields


[1]The words we use these days. :-o
[2]Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...