Honest Answers - Challenged

 Honest Answers - Challenged

 

I created several pages on my website[1] meant to be used as an evangelistic tool. I’ve also created simple business cards to point people to those pages. I then began advertising those pages online in an effort to get people to read the pages and to share with others. The advertisements have been successful. In just a little over 5 days there have been over twenty-one hundred people reached with three hundred fifty people responding in some way. I have also been pleased to have had three people engage in conversations with me. I thought I would share those conversations here.

 

Ian 

Lots of non-answers to real questions.

The Bible has been rewritten so many times there’s literally a 0% chance of it being true, I mean even before king James did his rewrite (which affected more than just the differences between them now) the romans basically penned the entire New Testament as propaganda for them taking over then-jerusalem

 

Me

Ian, you asked no questions. You made unfounded assertions. I would love to have an honest conversation with you.

 

Ian 

Dude you’re wrong. you’re just trying to sell s— to gullible people, stop trying to “prove” it’s all real when even if it was it’s made to not be prove-able

The whole point of it is faith bro, what you’re doing is greed (a sin)

 

Me

Thanks for calling me “Bro” you at least recognize we are human kin. 

Chart

Description automatically generated with low confidence

 May I ask where you have your “proof”? You see, it is as much an act of faith to deny what men have always known from their innermost being. I have 4000 years worth of documents, the most widely circulated, copied, and accepted in all the world. What hard evidence have you looked into to support your faith?

 

Ian 

Yeah but you don’t really, you have a document that’s a few years that’s been copied and rewritten and translated probably billions of times

And what proof do you need? I’m not making any claims that a trip to a museum or a conversation with an archaeologist wouldn’t solve

I’m not acting on faith by saying “I don’t believe you” I’d be acting on faith if I believed you with no evidence being present

Just stop pretending you have the answers man, even the pope or your local pastor would tell you nobody has all the answers

 

Me

What you do is believe the museum curator or the archeologist without verifying their claims. Isn’t it true you assume they are correct because you assume Bible believers are incorrect? Isn’t it true that you have spent little to no actual time seriously researching your own position? Such is a position of faith. You believe because you have been led to believe. I have at least taken the time to consider the evidence on both sides. I have been to many museums. I have read many archeological pieces. How much time have you spent in a Bible believing church and in studying the Bible personally?


Marvin McKenzie

In the Fields



[1] https://marvinmckenzie.org/why

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...