The Fundamental Fundamental


Job 19:25-26 KJV
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Psalms 17:15 KJV
As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Romans 8:18 KJV
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

I have been thinking upon these verses and those verses that echo the message they teach.

These are really the fundamental passages of fundamental Christianity.
  • Everything rises or falls upon whether these verses are true
  • Every Christian stands or falls upon his convictions concerning these verses

  • If it is not true that we shall one day awake with His likeness
  • If the sufferings of this present world are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us
  • If there is no resurrection after which we shall see God

Then truly Christians, as Paul testified, are of all men most miserable.

Modern Christianity has preached a different kind of religion. They have tried to convince their followers that God’s plan is for them to be wealthy and prosperous in this world’s things. They have offered them the kingdoms of this world and people have chased after them by the droves.

Fundamental Christianity, Bible Christianity preaches an entirely different message. We preach that the followers of Christ are not to lay up for themselves treasures on earth but lay up instead treasures in heaven. To have a treasure in heaven must mean that we forfeit one on earth.
  • If Paul was wrong
  • If the Psalmist was wrong
  • If Job was wrong
 Then we have sacrificed for nothing.

This is fundamentally fundamental; it is the basis for all Christian faith and conversation. This one truth, that there is a resurrection from the dead, that eternal heaven awaits the believer and that it is more glorious than this earth can imagine, motivates men and women of faith.
Or else means nothing to those who are false professors.

Marvin McKenzie
In the Field

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...