Fifty-Three

My 53rd birthday:
  • The body is older
  • The emotions are more worn
  • The energy I once had is beginning to wane
but the blessing of salvation is better now than maybe even when I first got saved.

The world has not been easy but I doubt that it would have been without salvation. Satan not only hates the Christian, he hates all mankind as the object of God's love and grace. It's just that the lost don't realize it. The destruction in society is not merely a destruction of Christian principles, but of morality.
• Marriage
• The family
• Children, even
• Governments and other
• Social influences
are under the attack of the devil and the lost world doesn't know where to point the blame, if they even know something is wrong and must be blamed. No, the world would have been unkind these many years even if I had never trusted Christ or followed Him into ministry.

But what has happened in the last several years is that I have come to look more deeply into myself and the heart and soul of my own motivations. I cannot say I have arrived at anything. Only that I recognize something that is grander than even Christianity has offered me to this date. I am sure that, despite the mess sin has made of everything, even Christianity, Jesus Christ has a glorious resolution. I want to see Him. And until that day I stand before Him I trust that all things, even the more terrible things that happen in this realm of life, will work together to bring about that glorious resolution.

Marvin McKenzie
In the fields

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...