My Election 2016 Thoughts


The 2016 elections are now just around the corner. It has been my position that I would not take a definitive position, especially concerning the presidential election, until the final hour. I wanted to get as much information as possible and I wanted to give God all of the time there is to move and work. But, as one preacher friend, reminded me just this week, "The ballots are already printed." 
This election has polarized many of my preacher brethren. There are some who imply that a vote for either of the party choices is tantamount to unchristian conduct. Others tell us a vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote for Clinton. I want to give my reasons for voting as I am.

I am going to vote for Trump for the following reasons: 
1. I voted my conscience in the primaries and did not win. 
2. A write in candidate is useless in Washington as the vote will be disqualified unless the name written in is a legally registered presidential candidate. 
3. I have enough issues with all of the “also running” candidates that none of them would be a more conscientious vote for me. 
4. That leaves me with only two choices and I am not voting for Clinton. 
5. To not vote at all would be irresponsible. 
6. A good friend, who has been fervently advocating voting our conscience and not voting for Trump, has repeatedly said he hopes Trump wins. To want him to win and to not vote for him to win is, in my view, hypocritical. 


THEREFORE; I will vote for the most viable candidate who most closely represents my own position.

Marvin McKenzie
In the fields

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...