I Am A Pastor

I Am A Pastor



I am not a leader

I am not even a spiritual leader. 

The work of the pastor looks like a leadership role. But if I allow myself to see myself as a leader I am likely to forget who is the Head. No one needs my wisdom, my skill, my insight, my heart, or my direction. They need Jesus. 


I am not a shepherd


The work of the pastor looks like a shepherding position. But if I allow myself to see myself as a shepherd I am likely to forget where Jesus’ flock gets fed. No one needs my thoughts, my study, my education or my pasture. They need to feed at Jesus’ feet. 


I am a sheep of His fold

At the very best, I am that sheep who is most attentive to hear His voice and follow Him. At the very best I am that sheep who has my eyes on Him so that I am quick to move when He moves. If I lead it is only that I am among the first of His flock to see Him, hear Him, and follow Him.


I am a steward 

My work as a pastor is merely to faithfully manage what the Saviour has placed in my care. 


Marvin McKenzie

In the fields

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...