My Covid Chronicles


My Covid Chronicles


July 3, 2020

We received word that Mrs.___________________ leading the ________________, tested positive for COVID 19. I offered to pay for motels for the team as they were in Washington and I was under the impression that they would be required to quarantine for 14 days. I learned later two of the girls had also tested positive and that the team decided to drive back. They canceled their summer tour.


July 5, 2020

I informed the families of our church that there had been positive COVID 19 and asked them to consider not going. They all chose to attend.


July 6, 2020

_____________________ ate dinner with Anita and me.


July 7, 2020

_____________________ mentioned a sore throat.


July 8, 2020

I was very light headed and weak legged after my workout. I didn’t think that much about it because it happens. It just lasted longer than normal. Also, I took a long nap in the afternoon.


July 9, 2020

I was so tired after my workout that I laid right down and slept several hours. I remember thinking that maybe I was having some sort of heart trouble. I was very weak and tired.

________________________________ had trouble preaching in the evening because of his throat.


July 10, 2020

I chose not to work out and felt fine throughout the day.

Speaker's sore throat seemed better.


July 11, 2020

Returned home. Felt fine.


July 12, 2020

I felt fine through the day but I did caution people in the church to practice social distancing more than usual

__________________ sent me a text informing me that his dad had COVID and that he got it from camp.


July 13, 2020

_______________________ called me this morning and confirmed the same. He said that he came home with a sore throat “and other COVID symptoms” and was concerned so he stayed home from church. He was able to get a test for COVID up in Everett and it is positive. He and his wife are going to go camping for two weeks to isolate themselves.

No word from them about contact tracing.


July 16, 2020

I received a message from Pastor ________________________ that he had tested positive for the COVID 19 virus. I was on my way to Anacortes to celebrate my son's birthday. I called him and we decided not to come at this time. When I got home I then made an announcement to our church that we would be returning to strictly online, FM, and tabernacle services until the 26th of July. This is an attempt to isolate due to COVID. The ladies' garage sale is supposed to be this weekend. So many of those who would have participated in it were involved either directly or indirectly that we had to cancel that too. My understanding is that Mrs __________________ went to be tested. I also heard that A____________________ was tested. Neither have gotten their results yet. So far from those who were at the camp: my wife, and I have had head or chest cold symptoms but no fever. S_____________, A_____________________ and R__________ had low grade fevers for less than 24 hours. Those who were in contact with those who went to camp and have had symptoms are, R_____________________ who drove R___________ home, Mrs O____________________ and Mr H____, 


July 19, 2020

I preached all day with no trouble. Felt fine with perhaps a slight cough.


July 20, 2020

We began our “isolation vacation” as Caleb called, it feeling fairly well. We went to Rapjohn and kayaked in the evening.


July 21, 2020

I had a cough but we went for a bicycle ride. 15 miles out and back. I could tell at the turn around point I was getting tired. By the time I got home, I did not feel well. Chose not to eat. Thought I had like a heat stroke. Used icepacks and a cool bath to cool down. 


July 22, 2020 

Slept 19 hours and could have slept a couple more.


July 23, 2020

I was feeling fairly well. I went on a shorter bicycle ride but I got chills at the turnaround. The ride back to the car was miserable. Anita drove us home while I slept. Did not eat tonight either.


July 24, 2020

Home with long naps. High temps and then swings to cold. Bad cough. I tried to see my doctor but he would not see me unless I had a COVID test. Cough is bad at night.


July 25, 2020

I went to Good Sam ER for the COVID test. They said my lungs sounded clear. Bad cough through the night.

Began taking, Quercetin (2000 mg/day), iodine (5mg/day)



July 26, 2020

Still isolated. Cough continues. Temperature swings continue. Nothing too high - 99.9, then down to 95.

Began taking zinc and vitamin a


July 27, 2020

The cough was much improved overnight. No temp swings today.


July 28, 2020

Slept well with no coughing episodes. Still have slight congestion. Coughed up a small amount of phlegm with color for the first time in the morning. No temperature swings

Test results for COVID returned positive. I was advised to self-quarantine for 7 days or 72 hours from my last high temperature, whichever is longer.


July 29, 2020

My chest became heavy with congestion about an hour before bedtime. I took a full dose of NyQuil at bedtime. No coughs through the night. I had a slight amount of congestion and cough when I woke up but it was slight.

Smell and taste have, for the most part, returned.


July 31, 2020

Congestion around bedtime continues to be a problem. I am taking a full dose of NyQuil before I go to sleep. I have not had to take Ibuprofin or Tylenol for several days. I nap still feels good but I am not exhausted all day. I have been noticeably lightheaded yesterday and today, perhaps more so today. I think that is the result of so much NyQuil in my system. 


August 1, 2020

I took NyQuil again last night. Although a cough had returned, my chest did not feel as heavy. I woke up, however, with some heaviness and have been coughing up quite a lot of phlegm this morning.


August 5. 2020

I was released from quarantine yesterday. I feel very well except for slight congestion in the center of my chest. It feels like about the size of a softball. It also makes me have to force my voice a little bit to speak. Some people would probably I spoke a little less anyway. :-)


August 6, 2020

I slept for the first time without NyQuil last night. It was no trouble at all. I think I felt less groggy this morning. Today the "softball-sized" area of congestion is gone but I have a general and persistent cough. I continue to feel like I have to force out enough air to speak.


August 7, 2020

By afternoon yesterday, my cough was fairly persistent. I considered taking a half dose of NyQuil at bedtime but resisted. I feel maybe 90-95% this morning. Very slight cough. My left ear is plugged.


August 8, 2020

It was July 8, a full month ago, that I first had a symptom for the COVID-19. Today I am going to declare myself fully recovered. I may still be slightly weakened, but symptoms are gone.


Praise the Lord.


Marvin McKenzie

In the fields

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...