Prayer

It’s the most I can do on behalf of others but the battle to remember that is fierce.

When real burdens happen, the flesh always wants to take leadership.
·      What can I do?
·      How can I fix it?
·      Who can I get to help?
Illness, financial trouble, legal issues, spiritual issues, we always want to find our own way out. When it is for someone I love, I am tempted to search every possible resource to solve their problem.
Of course, we want prayer. We wouldn’t be very good Christians if we didn’t want prayer. But we want to pray AND …
·      And money
·      And advice
·      And help
whatever practical thing that really fixes our trouble, we want prayer and that thing.

There are occasions when we understand we are unable to do anything. In these cases, prayer is valued. But even then we have conditioned ourselves to think so little of prayer that we either don’t really pray or don’t really appreciate prayer as we ought.

Oh, how I want to give myself to prayer and the ministry of the Word.

Marvin McKenzie

In the field

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy the Boat

Life Is Short - Buy the Boat Recently, while traveling south on I-5, entering the Fife Washington area, I saw the brightly lit advertisement...